|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
| Season 1, Episode 11|
|Airdate:||March 7, 2013|
|Written by:||Breehn Burns|
|Storyboarded by:||Tom King|
| Catbug (Bravest Warriors - Ep. 11 Season 1 on Cartoon Hangover)(07:03)|
"Catbug" is the 11th episode of season one and the first season finale of Bravest Warriors .
When the Bravest Warriors receive mysterious gifts from the See-Through Zone, they must use their wits to unlock the door to the greatest secret. In this season finale, there promises to be more emotion, Catbug, and delicious peanut butter squares than ever before
The episode starts when Chris and Beth are sitting in Chris's room talking about the boundaries of the universe. The universe goes on forever, and there are millions of alien spiecies but their minds weren't designed to comprehend the concept of forever. Beth has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing glasses. She has her shirt streched around her. Chris is Sitting on the windowsill and points out Beth's horse, who found out what the universe meant by the time they were 6 [ten years go]. Beth says she should ride him more but he always seems so blown away. Danny then walks in, and Beth hides her head and arms in her shirt. Chris asks what he wants and Danny informs them that they recieved presents, from their parents.
Catbug lives in two separate dimensions, he jumps back and forth from both realities, the warriors have always known this but until now they haven't knownn where Cat-bug has gone, the see-through zone. The Couragous Battlers have been trapped in the see-through zone for two years and have been sending Catbug back with presents. Danny starts handing out the presents, Wallow's father sent back his Pony Lord's Battle Aquarium, which he hasn't seen in a long time. Chris' parents sent back his baby pictures, Will Roger's commemorative stamps, and a sinus irrigator. Danny got an expired lottery ticket and a knife.
Catbug jumped to the See-Through zone, Beth picks up a note from the ground, "Chris, We are alive. Love Mom and Dad." There are no presents for Beth from her father, Catbug jumps back with Peanut Butter Squares for Wallow from his mom. According to Catbug everything is okay in the See-Through Zone, but there is the absence of Beth's father. Chris is relieved that they are okay, and that if they need anything that they can just ask, but Catbug says he doesn't know how to make himself go there and that it may never happen again.
Just as Wallow begins to eat his peanut butter squares from his mom, Beth scans them and they are infested with an unknown micro-organism. All the gifts are covered in them, it is a virus from outside the Space-Time Calliope, Beth cannot kill it or even affect the virus. The laws of Space-Time don't apply to this virus, and there is no way to kill it.
The presents form together and rise and turns into a purple frog like monster, and Catbug jumps back to the See-Through zone. It roars out, it turns harder into wood and it's wide mouth turns into a door. Catbug returns with another note, and reads "Ralph Waldo Pickle Chips is the key." Danny is determined to open the door to see his parents again and will not rest until the door is open. Ten hours later, Danny gives up for the day and goes to bed. Chris is relieved that they at least know that their parents are still alive, but remembers that the where-abouts of Beth's father is uknown, apologizes. Saddden Beth says she hasn't given up yet, and visits her horse.
Beth is sleeping near her horse, as the horse records his day in his mind, "Paralyzed Horse's Log: July 3, 3085. Everyday I hear and see eternity. I am frozen in awe of my knowlege of 'Forever'. But I belong only to one girl. Nowhere can I see more clearly then into her heart. When Beth feels heartbreak, I am stranded in the stygian void, helpless to comfort her, for I am just a horse...Sleep now Bravest Warriors and dream of doors and keys and Ralph Waldo Pickle Chips. Today, something unnatural has slipped into your universe. An octave of death. A tentacle of time. It is the final gift...and it is not for you. Beth does not know it now, but this gift...is for her."
- Space Chicken
- Hardcore Hill Midget
- Ballerina Man
- Phosphorescent Maze Midget
- Bunless person
- The Passenger
- Beth wears a different outfit in this episode.
- Catbug is shown with great pain when he is in the electric field in the preview, which could explain the cause of their parent's disappearance.
- The creature, as seen in the pilot episode, can be seen sleeping in Wallow's bed.
- This is the third time that Danny throws up. The first was "Butter Lettuce, the second time was in "Dan Before Time".
- This is the second time we see Chris and Beth as kids and it's revealed that they were six years old.
- The date in this episode is July 3, 3085.
- It is shown that Wallow loves peanut butter squares, and Catbug might also like them, since he looks disappointed to only get one.
- Catbug said he doesn't know how to make himself go to the see-through zone, but the other times he managed to do it as if it looked like he teleported willingly. It may be based on emotion control or they summoned him. Maybe he can only do teleport in certain conditions. It is also unknown if he can only teleport to the See-Through Zone and Mars.
- A "hella-fortnight" sounds like it just means "a long time", but it's also an actual quantifiable amount of time, equivalent to around 10^33 seconds.
- In the animatic, with the scene where Wallow is sleeping with his pets, one of the martian children from Ultra Wankershim can be seen cuddling Wallow's leg.