17 (As of Robo Chris)
|Relatives||Mr. and Mrs. Vasquez|
|Introduced In||Animated short|
|Voiced by|| Rob Paulsen (pilot)|
John Omohundro (series)
Danny Vasquez is one of the main characters in the web series Bravest Warriors.
When Danny was younger, he and his parents lived in the Martian Badlands in (aka New Miami). There, he was constantly teased because his nipples showed through his shirt and all he ever wore were hooded, skin-tight unitards. Danny yearned to be a member of the Low Gravity Hacker Pack, a group of kids who hacked for fun.
The leader, Hans Christian Teet-Phanters hacked his father's garage door opener and reprogrammed it so that whenever the button was pressed it would cause Danny to vomit.
Afterwards, the hackers made use of this on several occasions; such as when Danny was performing his flute recital for the President, during his first spritual experience, and the day when his grandmother got out of prison. During Danny's first science fair, the Low Gravity Hacker Pack destroyed his science project and made him throw up on it's remains. (TV: Dan Before Time)
Danny skates the line between supreme honking egotism and a cosmic gulf of self-hatred. He's a confident rebel, but when he's down he always seems to get kicked.
As a moody tech-headed inventor, Danny thinks he's only looking out for himself, but in fact, he's here for a purpose to serve the greater good. Life has been a rough road for Danny, but when his team really needs him he busts out with the pepper and rushes in to the rescue.
In the comics, he has a deathly fear of clowns, and even built a helmet that made all clowns who appeared on his visor appear to be Plum, demonstrating his desire to use technology to solve problems, instead of dealing with them on a personal level.
Danny has brown hair, thick brown eyebrows, and a light brown complexion. When not in his his signature red armor, Danny wears a red hoodie with a red jacket over it, and blue-grey pants. He also wears large crimson boots with yellow that is part of his armor.
In "Gas-Powered Stick," he wears red swim trunks with a red towel on his shoulders.
Shadow Knives: Danny can summon two daggers coated in a dark aura. He can launch them by subsequently calling "Giant Spinning Shadow Blades" (Pilot).
Dog Sword: By rubbing the sticker on his chest, he can summon a sword with a golden blade shaped like the head of a dog. (Series).
- By rubbing his sticker he can summon a regular dog (gold in color) that can take on different forms, all of them dog themed. Aside from his sword he can summon: a Gatling gun (Emotion Lord (Episode)), Laser gun (Lavarinth) and likely other forms also.
He is good friends with Chris. He knows and acknowledges Chris' crush on Beth. He enjoys teasing Chris about it, but approves of it. Chris always advises Danny to express "moop" in more positive and productive ways.
Danny and Beth have a playful flirty friendship.
In the original pilot, Danny was once Beth's boyfriend. This character tie has been completely removed from the new series.
Seems to be his best friend, as most of Danny's positive words are directed towards him. They compete with eachother over Plum's attention.
Danny has a huge crush on Plum and doesn't know what to say around her, and competes with Wallow for her attention. While she is aware of his affection (in his constant attempts to try to impress her) and is flattered by it, she only returns affection toward Chris.
Danny says he likes her because of her wavey hair, her rad boobs, and her sweet little clappy pig-hands.
- He was voted "hottest male character" on the show in 2012.
- In the original pilot, Danny had black hair. In the show and comics, it was redesigned to brown.
- "The Bunless" reveals that he is a good dancer.
- Ironically, he is the only member of the team who always seemed to like the Emotion Lord, despite the fact he almost killed him in "Emotion Lord (Episode)". He most likely enjoyed him because he created 500 chocolate puppies.
- He has the ability to play the banjo with his feet, as shown in "Gas-Powered Stick ."
- The color scheme on Danny's clothes are similar to the Marvel superhero Iron Man.
- In the episode Catbug, it's revealed that Dan sleeps with a chainsaw.
- In the comics, Danny is said to have a fear of clowns.
- He seems to have a weak stomach, as he often throws up at very slight provocations. Whether or not this is connected to his childhood is unclear.
- He is the only member of the Bravest Warriors with eyebrows in his standard design.
- His last name in the web-series was first revealed in Robo Chris.
The full gallery for Danny can be viewed at Danny/Gallery